Thursday, March 12, 2009

The real Debbie...

I know alot of people think I'm some sort of mentally-challenged ditz; however, if you know me and I mean REALLY know me, you know I am not. Sometimes I get into stuff that other people don't. I love reading or watching stuff about true crimes. I love A&E. They keep me supplied with these sort of programs. I know most I see are always about modern day crimes. However, every now and then I stumble across an older story I have yet to hear. I heard one this morning. The story was on A&E about the Clutter family killings in Holcomb, Kansas in 1959. They were truely brutal murders of an entire family, the parents and two teenage children, by two ruthless, emotionless murderers. It is a very long story and i am not gonna explain it all but you can read the entire story on one of my favorite websites, The Trutv Crime Library website. The link to the story is http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/family/clutter/1.html. The two men convicted of these haneous murders were executed by hanging in 1965. Now, I don't agree with the death penalty even when those convicted admit to being guilty. It's not our right to take someone's life no matter what they did and it's not our job to play god. The story online doesn't go into the actual executions but the show I saw said the the first was hung and it took 22 minutes to die (beyond wrong and cruel and unusual punishment) and the second man had to be drug up the steps to the gallow, begging and pleading for his life. The executioners had no mercy. It took him 17 minutes to die. That shit is friggin' wrong. Don't tell me what they did. I KNOW what they did. But I digress...Truman Capote also wrote a book based on the whole story.

Another older true crime story that I recommend is the Torture Death of Sylvia Marie Likens, http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/young/likens/1.html. That is truely a sad story. I won't go into that story because it is a bit much to talk about but I suggest reading it.

Well I'll step off of my soapbox now and go find someone else to complain to!! Robert, perhaps?? He always listens to me complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment