Saturday, December 27, 2008

Where have all the bands gone?

I was bored awhile ago and there was absolutely NOTHING on TV; so, I was forced to watch a music infomercial for Time Life's 70's and 80's Rock Ballads. I have to admit that being very close to 30 and being a child of the late 70's and being raised on 70's, 80's, and 90's music, today's music is a disgrace. There are very few bands anymore. Now you have some 19 year old girl or boy sitting on stage on a bar stool or something singing some gay-ass song. What happened to sold-out stadiums and arenas? Today's concerts resemble cocktail parties. I don't get it. What happened to bands like Blue Oyster Cult, Survivor, Pearl Jam, etc. etc. with huge sold-out concerts that majorly kicked ass?!?! Today's musicians just don't have it!

"I'm surrounded by assholes!" - Dark Helmet, Spaceballs...

No comments:

Post a Comment